"Just try and build up anything without those ideas! "We only try to destroy them, because we're spiritually provided for.

Exactly like the children! "Whence have I that joyful knowledge, shared with the peasant, that alone gives peace to my soul? Whence did I get it? "Brought up with an idea of God, a Christian, my whole life filled with the spiritual blessings Christianity has given me, full of them, and living on those blessings, like the children I did not understand them, and destroy, that is try to destroy, what I live by.

And as soon as an important moment of life comes, like the children when they are cold and hungry, I turn to Him, and even less than the children when their mother scolds them for their childish mischief, do I feel that my childish efforts at wanton madness are reckoned against me.

"Yes, what I know, I know not by reason, but it has been given to me, revealed to me, and I know it with my heart, by faith in the chief thing taught by the church.

No comments: